The NeoMed Enteral Only Pharmacy Syringe is indicated for one-time use as a dispenser, a measuring device and an oral fluid transfer device. Each dispenser should be used only for one dispensing and one patient.
*Comes in a package of 25 syringes
BB-S20EO Syringes Directions
- Follow physician's instructions or hospital protocol in opening package and use of contents. This device should be opened in an aseptic environment.
- Fully depress the plunger before filling dispenser. Place the tip into the liquid and draw liquid into dispenser slowly. For accurate measurement, use the black leading edge of the gasket toward the plunger tip.
- To expel excess air bubbles, hold dispenser with tip pointing up. Tap side of dispenser to cause bubbles to rise toward tip. Draw back slightly on plunger, then push plunger upward to eject air in barrel and tip. Repeat until bubbles are eliminated.
- Confirm dose accuracy. Place the orange cap on the dispenser and label until ready to use (label not included).
- Liquid should be administered via enteral-only connectors or directly into mouth (large pediatric or older patients). This dispenser is not designed for use with luer or other injection connections. If dispensing directly into mouth, ensure patient is upright before giving liquid. Direct dispenser tip towards inside of cheek.
- Flush the dispenser with water and dispose in closed plastics or dispose as required by hospital protocols and local or national regulations. Do not autoclave or re-use dispenser as this may increase risk of leakage or biological infection.