Portex Acapella Choice Vibratory PEP Device is a respiratory breathing therapy device that vibrates to break up mucus and promotes respiratory secretions. The device can be used with the respiratory patient in any position relative to gravity, including sitting down, standing or reclined. The Acapella Choice Valve helps to open airways in patients with lung disease who have secretory problems such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Cystic Fibrosis, or Asthma. This major advantage of this product over other Portex valves is that it disassembles for cleaning.
Features & Benefits
- Adjustable frequency and flow resistance settings.
- Incorporates PEP therapy and vibratory valve that vibrates when in use.
- Combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to promote pulmonary secretions.
- Allows inhalation and exhalation without removal from mouth.
- Serves as a Mucus Clearance Device.
- Disassembles into four, easy-to-clean parts that withstand autoclaving, boiling, and dishwashing.
- Equipped with a numbered expiratory resistance dial to adjust frequency.
- Accommodates nearly any lung capacity.
- May be used with mask or mouthpiece nebulizer.
- One-way inspiratory valve allows inhalation without removal of mouth.
- Functional in any position--standing, sitting or Trendelenburg.